Advanced text search is an extended form of Text Search which permits multiple queries to be combined.
- The passages located and displayed from the search must match all the criteria in the first query.
- The texts displayed from the first query must be found within the specified number of verses of a text satisfying the criteria in the second query.
- A text which simply satisfies the criteria in the second query is not displayed in the results.
- The second query is a qualifier which limits the scope of the first query.
The first illustration shows:
- false prophets arose in the Include all of these words field of the first query.
- 15 verses as the maximum range between the first and second query.
- ancient world in the Include all of these words field of the second query.
- like irrational animals in the Include exact phrase field of the second query.
- The entire bible (Gen-Rev) as the search range.
- The ESV as the search version.
Second Peter 2:1 is the result of the search:
- it includes all the words false prophets arose,
- The words ancient world are found in 2Pet 2:5.
- The exact phrase like irrational animals is found in 2Pet 2:12.
- All the criteria in the second query are satisfied within 15 verses of the first query.
- The search criteria are satisfied within the ESV version.
- The search criteria are satisfied within the range Gen-Rev.