The STEP project relies on volunteers to make excellent Bible study tools available to the whole world! We need people with many varied skills.
English language speakers
We need lots of English-speaking people, writers, editors, etc. in order to develop our dataset further. Some tasks include:
- Edit sections of the forthcoming Manuscripts & Meanings module (see here)
- Write and edit articles for the forthcoming encyclopedia (see the example here - but note that a complex example has been chosen deliberately)
- If you also know some Greek and Hebrew there are many other projects you could get involved with.
Tell us about your skills and interests. There are many other data projects on the go, and you might have ideas we haven't thought of.
Native language speakers
We want to provide STEP in many different languages. In order to achieve this, we require people who are willing to translate buttons, menus, help messages (see here)
We are also creating brief lexicons in various languages, such as Spanish, French, Bulgarian, and any other language you'd like to get working on - ask us to set it up.
The STEP project would like to have more code contributors.
The offline STEPBible app in the Android & Apple stores is based on React.
Tell us about your skills and interests. We have a small and enthusiastic team who will be very pleased to explore ideas with you.
Social Evangelists and Testers
There are many other areas where we need volunteers.
- Spreading the word especially in the missionary communities who often feel isolated and neglected
- Help test the software, raise bugs to improve functionality, suggest improvements, etc.
If you'd like to help, by suggesting ideas, volunteering time or other support, please email email@example.com
We especially like to hear about how you are using the tool, and which features you like best.