- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
- Select Passage Lookup (default) from the Search menu on the STEP toolbar.
- Leave the View level slider set on basic1 (default).
- Select Two Panel view (optional)2 from the View menu on the STEP toolbar.
- Select any bible version.
- Hover over a verse number to display a Vocabulary box for that verse .
Everything coloured blue or red in a Vocabulary box is a link:
- To see a lexicon entry for a single word, click on that word in the Vocabulary box.
- To search for every occurrence of a word in the current book click on the first number to the right of the word.
- To search for every occurrence of a word in the current version click on the second number3 to the right of the word.
- To search for all forms of a word in the current version click the empty spyglass to the left of that word.
- To search for related words click the spyglass with a dot.
- To search for related verses click on See related verses at the bottom of the vocabulary box.
- To search for related subjects click on See related subjects at the bottom of the vocabulary box.
The related word search displays a row of original language words with English glosses as toggle4 buttons.
- To limit the search results to a single word click the button for that word.
- To add a second word click on a second button.
- To remove the first word from the search click again on that button to turn it off.
- Turning off all the word buttons results in a display of all related words.
- Click on a highlighted word in a passage to see the lexical entry for that word.
4A toggle button is a switch which is alternately on and off. One click on, a second click off.
5This related word search was initiated from the vocabulary box for Galatians 3:20 by clicking the dotted spy glass icon next to the word mediator, see example.
Search in the Current Book: καυχάομαι (kauchaomai): to boast, brag about; rejoice in Romans 5:11
Search the Current Version: καταλλάσσω (katallassō): to reconcile in Romans 5:11
Search for related words: uprising in Acts 15:2:
Related verses search for Acts 4:2 produces a verse list starting with Acts 4:23, 21:23 ..
Related subject search for Acts 4:3 produces: